Pages

Friday, January 03, 2014

Steve's email from [[01.03.14]]



We met with the eye doctor/surgeon this morning to discuss MRI results and options available.
 The doctor said the tumor has grown into the eye and cannot be salvaged. His fear was how deep the tumor had progressed toward the brain (which becomes fatal). He seems to think it is not to the brain but getting close. His recommendation is surgery to remove the tumor on my nose (left-half of my nose) and remove left eye and all tissue around it. This may take place within 2-3 weeks. There is to be another Dr appt next Friday to discuss details after consulting with other surgeons. 
I lose an eye but get to live! The doctors seem to be expediting everything due to the severity of issue. He is also trying to help with resources available to help financially since we do not have insurance. And most of these doctors are not doing the Obamacare program….God is in control of all of this. He knew all about it before I ever did. And since I gave Him my life years ago and haven’t reneged on that deal due to His grace, there is no need to bail now. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth (Ps 121). He is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? (Ps27:1) 
I still want and pray for God to heal my nose, eyes and vision. He said to ask and keep asking (Luke 11:9). I do and encourage you to do the same. And I am to be okay with anything He wants to do, even if I didn’t expect it. He can execute my future much better than I. I have to remind myself how FAR God’s ways are above mine (Is 55:8).
 This battle is going to be in the prayer closet! Thanks for joining me… 

11 comments:

  1. Steve we are praying and will continue praying for God's healing, comfort and strength for you and your family during this very challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Kuenkel, I am Jayme's aunt. We have been praying for you and will continue to pray. Your faith is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph & Rebecca WebbJanuary 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM

    Praying for you all. So glad the cancer is not in the brain. Praise GOD!!!!! Your faith is amazing! Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tinker family lifts you all up in love and prayers. Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith & Christina GullionJanuary 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM

    Still praying and will continue! Thank you so much for the update. I know it's not the news we were praying for, but so glad the cancer isn't in the brain....that part alone is an answer to prayer!! God bless you and Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue to pray. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you all.Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pete & Kiersten JungJanuary 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM

    Thanks so much for taking the time to update your situation. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve
    Your faith is an encouragement to me! Please know we will be lifting you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you find peace as you wrestle with what God may require of you...that you might trust Him completely. You remain in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roanna, I will be praying for you and your family. God is walking alongside all of you! Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete