Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Steve's email from [[01.14.14]] | 3rd surgeon mtg

One day closer to being well – I can hardly wait!

We met with the Otolaryngology doctor (yep, me too….) yesterday. He’s the 3rdsurgeon and will do the reconstruction surgery. Some of the projected outcome was not as positive as the other two doctors so we need to get everyone on the same page. The first two doctors will tear everything out and the third doctor puts it back together. But if I do have to go through the surgery we feel really good about the team of doctors, nurses and hospital that will be involved. That helps a lot. There is no date set yet for the surgery (coordinating 4 schedules) but in early February most likely. Watch them mess up our Valentine Day plans!

 

Whenever different staff ask me how I am doing I try to always answer with “I’m challenged and I’m blessed.” Just that can surface any Christians in the room! Well, this is a journey I never would have picked and it is taking me down a path to meet a LOT of people I never would have met. So pray that I will be sensitive to God’s leading in making much of Him and the word of God. That way I do not waste the experience, nor my life!

 

Again, thank you all so much for your prayersKeep praying more than ever – the day before the surgery I would love to be able to call the doctor(s) and ask if I can come in because they need to see the tumor is gone and my vision is restored!! Do you know how much fun that would be? “My Primary Care Physician (the LORD God) has taken care of everything – it was great to meet, thanks for your services but I’ll be at the house worshipping Jehovah-Rapha (God, my Healer)!!” Sorry, since it is possible I get carried away thinking about what that would look like – what fun! You would be a part of that, prayer partner!

 

Psalm 130: 5 “I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.”

Psalm 27:14 “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment