Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Last update from Steve BEFORE surgery day!

Well, in about 36 hours my life will change. This painful, haunting tumor on my face will be gone! Oh, I cannot wait. What a journey this has been, not one I would have volunteered for, but one God chose for me – for my good and for His glory (Rom 8:28). Nothing can come into the life of one of His children without going through His loving and merciful hands first. A Texas preacher friend of mine calls it being “Father-filtered.” Amen.

Oh, and as you know, there are still 30  hours remaining for our LORD to speak and totally heal me before the doctors get a shot at it. That is still my primary prayer and if it is His will to do that then it WILL happen. And if not, then what He does is still perfect and good. He never makes mistakes! I do know our expectations of what we think God should or should not do get all messed up but the problem is not with God. Never is. I think Isaiah’s analogy was the clay pot challenging the potter on how he was making the pot! We humans have a tendency to overrate ourselves a lot. That is why it is so important for us to have accurate thoughts about God. And that is why the word of God is so critical for life and especially during challenges. Can you think of a better place to put your hope? We trust in the LORD with all our heart, we do not lean unto our own understanding, we acknowledge him in all our ways, and He directs our paths…

I will be honest with you – I do not know how a person deals with life on earth without the Lord Jesus Christ? Life is challenging enough but doing life without any real hope now and for after this life, wow, that has to be totally discouraging. I cannot even fathom it... especially when it isn’t necessary. Jesus’ invitation is to all and He rejects none that come to Him.

To sum it up: one of our kids will send updates about the surgery outcome, etc until I can get back to a laptop. I may be offline a couple weeks. The healing is coming! Pray for these very talented surgeons and hospital staff and my recovery. Surgery starts 7:30am Monday. When the doctors said it was going to be an 8-10 hour surgery I told them we’re going to have to order in pizza for dinner JI like green pepper on mine….

 

MANY ARE PRAYING, ALL OVER THE WORLD – WE ARE BLESSED INDEED!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! (Your labor of love is not in vain)

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I (Jesus) say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” BOOM!

 

Steve & Sandy

Romans 8:32 “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”

9 comments:

  1. Kuenkel family, I will keep you in my prayers throughout this surgery and afterwards. I will also be praying for these surgeons. that God will guide them and give them the gift of knowing exactly what and where to remove this tumor. Our Lord and most gifted surgeon will be with you Steve throughout this. And we know he is THE best!! Hugs to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you up completely Bro! God is in control and it certainly shows through you. Thank you for your faithfulness. (Thinking of the verse that's above the baptistry at BBC grandpa had put there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, Sandy, and Family - You are on our hearts and in our prayers. May the grace and peace of God abound in you! ~ Steve & Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been praying, Steve and Sandy and will continue to do so...May our God give great comfort and peace in the hours and days ahead...Val and Dave Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and Sandy and the entire family, Steve. You are an amazing testimony for Jesus. Your faith is inspiring. I remember the morning you spoke to us in Sunday school class. You said that it is one thing to speak the words, I trust Jesus,but a whole other thing to have a trial as you are having and still trust in Him. You and Sandy totally show that you do. Many,many prayers going up for you !

    Lee Anne Craft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, Sandy and family, we will pray continually for your journey! Your testimony of your situation at Danny and Gail's at Labor Day really gave me a sense of peace when dealing with my own situation. Thank you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve, Sandy and family, we continue to be in prayer for you all. - Pete and Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for talking with me this morning, Steve! Devin and I will make sure we get that wood split for you!
    Mike Hancock

    ReplyDelete